Full Written recipe for Shahi paneer
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
For gravy base puree:
• Oil 1 tsp
• Makkhan (butter) 1 tbsp
• Whole spices:
1. Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tsp
2. Tej patta (bay leaf) 1 no.
3. Sabut kaali mirch (black peppercorns) 2-3 nos.
4. Dalchini (cinnamon) 1 inch
5. Choti elaichi (green cardamom) 3-4 pods
6. Badi elaichi (black cardamom) 1 no.
7. Laung (cloves) 2 nos.
• Pyaaz (onions) 2 medium sized (sliced)
• Tamatar (tomatoes) 4 medium sized (diced)
• Sabut kashmiri lal mirch (whole kashmiri red chilli) 2 -3 nos.
• Lehsun (garlic) 4-5 nos.
• Adrak (ginger) 1 inch
• Hari mirchi (green chillies) 1-2 nos.
• Hare dhaniye ke danthal (coriander stems) a few
• Kaju (cashew nuts) 18-20 nos.
• Salt to taste
For shahi paneer:
• Dahi (curd) ½ cup
• Powdered spices:
1. Haldi (turmeric) powder ½ tsp
2. Dhaniya (coriander) powder 2 tsp
3. Kashmiri lal mirch (red chilli) powder 2 tsp
4. Jeera (cumin) powder 1 tsp
• Oil 1 tsp
• Makkhan (butter) 1 tbsp
• Hari mirchi (green chillies) 1-2 nos. (chopped)
• Adrak (ginger) 1 inch (julienned)
• Kashmiri lal mirch (red chilli) powder 1 tsp
• Hot water as required
• Shahad (honey) 1 tbsp
• Paneer 500-600 grams
• Garam masala 1 tsp
• Kasuri methi 1 tsp
• Fresh coriander as required (chopped)
• Fresh cream 4-5 tbsp
• For making the puree gravy base, set a wok on medium heat, add oil, butter & the whole spices, stir once and add the onions, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Further add tomatoes, kashmiri red chillies, garlic, ginger, green chillies, coriander stems, cashew nuts & salt, stir well & cook on medium high heat for 10-15 minutes.
• You need to cook until the tomatoes are completely mashed.
• Once they’ve become mushy, add some hot water& stir well, further cover & cook for 5-10 minutes on medium flame.
• Now, switch off the flame & cool down the mixture to room temperature, further discard the bay leaf, black cardamom & cinnamon, once discarded, transfer it in a mixer grinder and grind well to make fine puree, add little water while making the puree.
• Further use a sieve and strain the puree to get the smooth texture. Keep this strained puree aside to be make the shahi paneer.
• For a making the shahi paneer, start by first adding curd, and the powdered spices in a bowl, whisk well to until the curd is smooth. Keep it aside to be used later.
• Further, set a wok or a big size pan on medium heat, add oil & butter, green chillies, ginger & kashmiri red chilli powder, lower the flame and add the prepared curd mixture, stir continuously & cook on medium high flame. Cook well until the dahi is cooked and the oil has separated.
• Now, add the prepared puree gravy base & stir well. Add hot water to adjust the consistency of the gravy as per your preference.
• Further add, honey & stir well while cooking on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
• Further add paneer, you can cut paneer in any shape, I’ve chosen to cut in triangles. Further add garam masala, kasuri methi, a tbsp of fresh coriander & fresh cream, stir well & cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
• Taste and check for salt at this stage & further you can adjust the seasoning as per your taste. Finish with some more freshly chopped coriander leaves.
• Your shahi paneer is ready, serve hot with tandoori roti, laccha paratha or any indian bread of your choice.
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #Paneer
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3CdPbSc
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3o6alLt
Instagram – https://bit.ly/2RFkL8z
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3tpjqQA
Instagram – https://bit.ly/3o0FZK8
Twitter – https://bit.ly/33qQpJN