Full written recipe foir Dahi Batata Puri
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 7-8 people
● Hara dhaniya (coriander leaves) 1 cup (packed)
● Pudina (fresh mint leaves) ½ cup (packed)
● Adrak (ginger) 1 inch
● Teekhi hari mirchi (spicy green chillies) 2-3 nos.
● Jeera (cumin) powder 1 tsp
● Amchur (dry mango) powder 1 tsp
● Kala namak (black salt) ½ tsp
● Roasted Chana dal 1 tbsp
● Salt to taste
● Ice cubes 2-3 nos.
● Water as required
● Add all the ingredients in a grinding jar and grind into a fine chutney, store this in refrigerator and use accordingly.
Sweet tamarind chutney
● Tamarind (imli) ½ cup
● Seedless dates (khajoor) 150 gm
● Jaggery 1 kg
● Jeera powder 1 tbsp
● Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tbsp
● Dry ginger powder ½ tsp
● Black salt 1 tsp
● Black pepper a pinch
● Salt to taste
● Water 750 ml
● Soak the imli and khajoor separately in hot water for 15-20 minutes, further squeeze the imli to remove the pulp.
● Transfer the imli pulp and soaked khajoor in a mixer grinder and grind to a fine paste.
● Now, take a wok and, strain the grinded imli & khajoor pulp through a sieve, further, add jaggery, and the remaining powdered spices along with salt & pepper. Switch on the flame & let the jaggery melt.
● As and when you start to cook, a layer of scum will form, remove the scum with a spoon and cook the chutney for 30 minutes on medium flame, while stirring occasionally.
● Cook until the chutney has reached a thin syrup like consistency. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down, do not cook for too long as it will thicken a bit as it cools down.
● Sweet tamarind chutney is ready, as this chutney takes time for cooking, you can make them in bulk and store them in a well sterilized & airtight jar and refrigerate them for couple of days. Use accordingly.
Dahi Bhalla spice mix
● Jeera (cumin seeds) 5 tbsp
● Sabut kaali mirch (black pepper) 2 tbsp
● Teekhi lal mirchi (spicy red chillies) 4-5 nos.
● Ajwain (carom seeds) 1 tbsp
● Salt a large pinch
● Kala namak (black salt) 1 tbsp
● Chaat masala 1 tsp
● Set a pan on low heat, add the jeera and dry roast until it darkens in colour and is aromatic, transfer on a plate to cool down.
● Further add the remaining whole spices and dry roast them as well until they are aromatic. Further transfer them on the same plate and allow them to cool down.
● Once cooled, transfer in a grinding jar, along with the remaining ingredients and grind to make a fine powder, special spice mix or dahi bhalla wali masala is ready, store in an airtight container and use accordingly.
● Chilled Dahi
1. Dahi 4 cups
2. Powdered sugar 2 tsp
3. Black salt 1/4th tsp
4. Ice cubes as required
● Masala aloo
1. Boiled potatoes
2. Salt to taste
3. Fresh coriander
● Crispy pani puri
● Spicy green chutney
● Sweet tamarind chutney
● Soaked boondi
● Soaked moong
● Special dahi bhalla spice mix
● Pomegranate seeds
● Masala chana dal
● Beetroot juliennes
● Fresh coriander
● Firstly, add the curd in a sieve, strain well, further add powdered sugar & black salt, mix well and keep the curd mixture aside, add few ice cubes to keep the curd chilled.
● Secondly, mix boiled aloo, salt & some freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix well & keep it aside.
● Break the top of the pani puri with thumb, fill in the cavity with the prepared masala aloo, chutneys, dahi, boondi, soaked moong, sev, repeat the addition of chutneys and dahi, add little dahi Bhalla spice mix, pomegranate seeds, masala chana dal, beetroot juliennes and finish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
● You can tweak the addition of these ingredients as per your preference.
● Serve immediately to enjoy the crispy puri.
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #DahiPuri
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3CdPbSc
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3o6alLt
Instagram – https://bit.ly/2RFkL8z
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3tpjqQA
Instagram – https://bit.ly/3o0FZK8
Twitter – https://bit.ly/33qQpJN