Full written recipe for Crispy veggie burger
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Serves: 8 crispy veggie patties
Veggie patty mixture
• Poha (rice flakes) 1/3rd cup
• Oil 1 tsp
• Butter 1 tbsp
• Pyaaz (onions) ½ medium sized (chopped)
• Garlic 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Farsi (french beans) 1/3rd cup (chopped)
• Gajar (carrots) 1/3rd cup (chopped)
• Hare matar (green peas) 1/3rd cup (boiled)
• Hari mirchi (green chillies) 1-2 nos. (finely chopped)
• Powdered spices:
1. Haldi (turmeric) powder ½ tsp
2. Lal mirch (red chilli) powder 1 tsp
3. Aamchur (dry mango) powder 2 tsp
4. Jeera (cumin) powder 1 tsp
5. A pinch of garam masala
• Uble hue aloo (boiled potatoes) 5-6 medium sized
• Salt to taste
• A handful of fresh coriander leaves
• You can start by first soaking the poha, to that, take the poha (rice flakes) in a strainer, rinse with fresh water and let it rest for couple of minutes. Once it’s soaked, mash it & keep it aside to be used later.
• Now, set a pan on medium heat, add oil & butter, let the butter melt & further add onions, & garlic, stir & cook on medium high flame until the onions turn translucent.
• Now, add the french beans, carrots, boiled green peas & green chillies, stir & cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
• Now, low down the heat & add the powdered spices, stir well, further grate & add the boiled potatoes & salt to taste, cook on medium high flame while mixing & mashing the potatoes.
• Further add the soaked & mashed poha & freshly chopped coriander leaves. Use a potato masher to lightly mash & combine the mixture well.
• Further switch off the flame & remove the mixture in a bowl & allow it cool down to room temperature. Once it cools down, cover with a cling wrap & refrigerate for 12-15 minutes.
• Keep it in the refrigerator to shape the patties.
For making the crispy veggie patty
• Maida (refined flour) 1 cup
• Corn flour ½ cup
• Salt to taste
• Cold water as required
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Bread crumbs as required
• Veggie patty mixture
• Oil for frying
• Start from making the batter, take a big size mixing bowl, add maida, cornflour & salt, mix well & add cold water as required & oil, whisk well to make a semi thick lump free batter.
• Further take a wide bowl, add bread crumbs as required to coat the tikki, season the bread crumbs with salt & black pepper.
• Now, take the cooled veggie patty mixture, take a spoonful of mixture & shape it like a ball, further press it shape to make like a tikki, make sure the size of the tikki should be little smaller than your burger buns.
• Further, dip & coat the shaped tikki in the batter & immediately coat it with the seasoned breadcrumbs. Shape & coat all the patties in same way.
• Set oil for frying on medium heat, deep fry the coated tikki in hot oil on medium flame until its crisp & golden brown in colour.
• Your crispy veggie patty is ready.
• Butter for toasting the burger buns
• Burger buns as required
• Fresh lettuce
• Crispy veggie patty
• Set a pan on medium heat, add little butter and toast the burger buns facing on the inside until its toasted well and golden brown in colour.
• Place the top bun first, apply little mayonnaise, further add the shredded lettuce, place the crispy veggie patty and now place the bottom bun, turn upside down and your crispy veggie burger is ready.
• You can tweak the addition of the ingredients as per your preference. Consume it quickly to enjoy the crispy veggie burger.
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #Burger
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3CdPbSc
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3o6alLt
Instagram – https://bit.ly/2RFkL8z
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3tpjqQA
Instagram – https://bit.ly/3o0FZK8
Twitter – https://bit.ly/33qQpJN