Full written recipe for Chicken manchurian
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
For fried chicken
• Boneless chicken 400 gm
• Salt to taste
• A pinch of black pepper powder
• Sirka (vinegar) 1 tsp
• Soy sauce 1 tsp / dark soy sauce 1/2 tsp
• Egg white of 1 egg
• Cornflour 3 tbsp
For tossing in sauce
• Lal shimla mirchi (red bell pepper) 1 no.
• Hari shimla mirchi (capsicum) 1 no.
• Pyaaz (onions) 1 no.
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Lehsun (garlic) 2 tbsp (chopped)
• Adrak (ginger) 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Hari mirchi (green chillies) 2-3 nos. (chopped)
• Oyster sauce 1 tbsp
• Soy sauce 1 tsp
• Vinegar 1 tsp
• Brown sugar 2 tsp
• Chicken stock/hot water 150 ml
• Cornflour 2 tbsp
• Water 100 ml
• Spring onion greens 1 tbsp
• I’ve used chicken breast for making this recipe, clean the chicken well, cut into thick strips to further cut into 1-inch cubes.
• Transfer the chicken cubes in a mixing bowl, further add, salt, black pepper powder, vinegar, soy sauce, egg white & corn flour, mix well to coat the chicken pieces well.
• Set oil in wok on medium high heat, deep fry the coated chicken in hot oil on medium heat. While frying, make sure not to disturb the chicken initially for 15-20 seconds, once a light coating is formed over the chicken stir carefully to fry evenly and the chicken doesn’t burn by sticking to the bottom.
• Fry the chicken until they are cooked & tender, and until its light golden in colour, fried chicken is ready, keep it aside to be used later for making the manchurian.
• As the fried chicken is ready, we need to cut the vegetables as well, required for making the chicken manchurian, start by cutting the bell pepper, trim off the head & bottom and further cut through from the sideways, further trim off the inside seeds with doing minimal wastage, further cut into thick strips and then cut into triangles, cut the capsicum also in the same way.
• Further take onions, trim off the head and the bottom, cut in two halves and remove the centre bulb, further cut diagonally to shape like a triangle, separate each layer of the onions to get triangle petals. Also do the cutting, chopping of other ingredients, you can tweak the addition of veggies as per your preference.
• As all the prep is ready, set a wok on high flame, let the pan heat nicely, once heated, add oil, swirl the wok to coat the wok nicely, now add garlic, ginger, & green chillies, stir & cook on high flame for a minute.
• Further add the veggies, stir & cook on high flame for a minute, add the sauces & the chicken stock, stir & cook for a minute on high flame.
• Take a mixing bowl, add cornflour & water, mix well to make a lump free slurry, add this slurry to the wok, stir & cook until the sauce thickens.
• Now add the fried chicken & little spring onion greens, stir & mix well to coat the sauce, your chicken manchurian is ready, garnish with some freshly chopped spring onion greens, serve hot with some schezwan sauce, you can also pair this with any Indian bread and some rice, it tastes amazing!
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #Chicken
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3CdPbSc
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3o6alLt
Instagram – https://bit.ly/2RFkL8z
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3tpjqQA
Instagram – https://bit.ly/3o0FZK8
Twitter – https://bit.ly/33qQpJN